Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Strike...2

So the TWU's strike against the MTA continues today.
I understand how commuters are frustrated, but I
insist that we must stand with the union in
challenging the status quo of poor wages, bad
benefits, and no respect from our employers. Some
people say that if I don't like my work situation, I
should look for another job. Is this a solution? Cut
and run is never a solution in my mind. And like I
said, poor wages, low benefits, and lack of respect
has become the status quo for employers in our
society.
Juan Gonzalez of the New York Daily News writes,
"Have the rest of us been beaten down, exploited and
abused for so long by our own employers that we will
allow transit workers who dare to defend their
standard of living to be painted as thugs?"
I won't.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home