Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Resolutions

So it's 2006 and time to make a New Year's
Resolution. Since I usually break mine midway through
January, I decided to make two resolutions this year.
The first one is to try to volunteer to help others.
The $50 annual dues to the Kiwanis Club won't cut it
anymore. I am going to look into mentoring or becoming
a Big Brother. My only fear is that I won't have
enough time with school and work, but we'll see.
My second resolution for 2006 is to run a marathon.
I'm 26 years old, so it's time to run 26 miles. I am
borrowing a marathon training book from the library
and it looks like I might start training for the Long
Island Marathon in May. It never seems to be the right
time to train for a marathon. From what I've read, you
should train for a few months. The winter is too cold
and slippery, but the summer is way too hot. Fall and
Spring are just too short. At least the LI Marathon
has the option of running only half of it.
By the way, listen to "You Are My Sister" by Antony
and the Johnsons. The video and soundclip is at

http://www.scjag.com/mp3/sc/youaremysister.mov

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home